The monastery is built at an altitude of 1100 meters, 6 kms outside the village of Neochori. It is a Byzantine monastery of the 11th century. In the monastery a parchment from the 11th century is kept and is a residue of the significant library that once operated there. The main church, dedicated to St. Nikolaos, dates back to the 16th century and its walls are decorated with important religious paintings of the 17th century. The monastery played an important role during the revolution. The remains of the protectors of Tripolis, Dimitrios amd Paul, are kept there. There are religions celebrations there on the 9/5 and the 9/12.
Driving time: 1 hour & 45 minutes from Nafplio