The Monastery of Aghia Moni is close to the suburb of Areia, 3 kilometres north east of Nauplion. The Katholicon of the Monastery dates from around the middle of the 12th century and since 1875 has been dedicated to Zoodochos Pighi, literally, 'the source of life'.It is one the most important churches of the middle Byzantine period and is in excellent condition. According to its foundation inscription, which was inlaid into the exterior wall to the right of the main entrance, the church was built with donations from the Bishop of Argos and Nauplion, Leo, who had it constructed in 1149.The church is mainly of architectural interest, as the original paintings and decorations have not survived.
more info: nafplio.gr
Driving time: 10 minutes from Nafplio