For the citizens of the prefecture of Argolida, this Monastery holds a spiritual, religious significance. It rests just outside the region of "Panariti", roughly 3km away; it was erected back in 880 AD by the obscure, unknown monk Theodosios, who, later on, was sanctified. Following his Assumption (922AD), the Abbey was left deserted and came back to life in early 16th century.
In the beginning of the Venetian reign, the "Chortatsi" Cretan family, friends to the Venetians, were granted the administration of the Abbey, until it was finally devolved to the property of the Greek Estates, in 1835.
more info: nafplio.gr
Driving time: 20 minutes from Nafplio